Skip to content
Getting started on Sorare and familiarising with the platform might be a bit overwhelming, so the aim of this guide is to make those first steps easier for new users.
1. Let’s start from scratch. First thing you need to do is to register an account on Sorare. Press PLAY and you will be directed to their homepage. Select SIGN-UP and create an account.
2. Fill up your details, create the account and you will receive an confirmation e-mail. Go to your inbox and confirm your account.
3. Your Sorare account is now setup and you are ready to start your journey. Create your club and choose a badge. No worries, you can always make changes to this later.
Confirm and go to the next step.
4. Next you’ll have the welcome screen and board expectations. Press “Meet my squad” to continue
5. This is an important step so pay attention! Based on how you select your 3 favourite clubs you will receive random COMMON players, most of them exactly from these 3 clubs. On Sorare goalkeepers are essential and can get quite expensive, so if you are planning to buy RARE players and play tournaments at some point it will be useful to have 1 or 2 decent common goalkeepers to line-up competitive teams without spending too much on a GK. Select 3 clubs accordingly and proceed to the next step.
6. You received your opening pack after these steps. Open it and press “Reveal all” to see your first common players
7. Ok, now let’s complete some tasks to receive more players. Click on the first task
8. Next tutorials will briefly explain what are the leagues, how can you win and what kind of prizes can be won. You will receive additional players for completing these.
9. On the next screen you will choose your team for the next round. Choose one goalkeeper, one defender, one midfielder & one forward. The Extra player can be any position of your choice.
On the left menu you can see additional information like player’s next opponent. Make sure you choose players from teams that are playing in the next round (if they have NG instead of the clubs badges it means they have no game in the next round)
Choose all five players and hit “Confirm”
10. If you reached this step it means you completed the first 4 tasks and received a few more common players to add to your collection.
If you only want to try the game for free, you are all setup at this point. Wait for the tournament to begin and check out how you are doing in the Play tab.
If you want to purchase players and increase your chances of winning prizes, follow the next steps which will guide through connecting a wallet, depositing and withdrawing Ethereum.
11. Now let’s get to the crypto aspect of Sorare. In the top right corner we can access our account and wallet. If you don’t have an Ethereum account already, you can sign-up for one in here. Press on the blue menu
12. From this options here I’d recommend Metamask.
Create an account with either of these options. Remember to save all your logins and private keys somewhere safe, even better if you can store them on a piece of paper in case your device is lost or damaged and you don’t have a back-up.
13. Go to Metamask.io and download the desktop version (it is an extension that only works with Chrome browser). You won’t be able to connect Metamask to Sorare from your phone, so first time you do it I’d advise you to use a desktop or laptop to setup everything. Metamask is a reliable and safe wallet for Ethereum and also a gateway to blockchain app and games. Make sure you to back-up your password and the 12-word seed phrase, right it on a piece of paper or notebook because it is essential in order to keep yourself safe and never lose access to your Metamask account as no one can help you recover it.
14. Sorare recently implemented Ramp on their website so from now on users can fund their Sorare Wallet easier using their own currency (40+ currencies supported) and favourite payment option (open banking, bank transfer, credit card) all within Sorare. With Ramp it’s easy to convert your preferred currency in Ethereum and Sorare covers the gas fees.
One thing to keep in mind is that you can also make purchases straight with your credit/debit card on Sorare. If you choose to do so, only buy from the auctions (New Signings tab) because there is 0% fee this way. Buying from the Transfer Market (Manager sales) directly with your card will have a 10% fee included.
15. Last step is not essential but in case you want to purchase Ethereum and than transfer it to Sorare, you can open a Coinbase account (if available in your country). You will need this account in order to buy & sell Ethereum using your debit/credit card.
Keep in mind that you can buy players from the transfer market directly with your card, but in order to withdraw you will need an Coinbase account (or other similar option).
Open Coinbase in your browser or download the Coinbase app and press “Get started” to sign-up for an account.
VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you use your real details when registering on Coinbase as they will ask you for e-mail, phone, identity & adress verification so you’ll need to provide them the documents that confirm your details (similar to a bank account so take it very seriously)
17. As mentioned above, before you can access your Coinbase account you will need to go through this verifications steps. This ensures your account is secured and protected and also complies with the regulatory requirements.
It usually doesn’t take more than a few hours for all this to be completed. After your Identity check is approved, you can login into your Coinbase account and submit a document (bill, statement etc) to confirm your address and you are done.
Hopefully you are all set now. If you still have questions or you need help with something, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or on Twitter @sorareuk